Pocket Cinema 50 Inch Television On The Move
Posted on May 10, 2009 by Jamie Slaughter, with 17047 views"> Buy Now
If we told you that you could fit a 50inch television screen in your trousers you'd be perfectly justified in giving us a good slap before storming off in a rage. But slap ye not, for that's exactly what you can do with the Pocket Cinema V10 - and without a buxom blonde asking if you're pleased to see her or not. It's as small as a mobile phone, has inbuilt stereo speakers and can project movies and pictures up to a staggering 50 inches wide - so no more squinting at the tiny B&B's portable TV next time you drag the family to Skegness.
As if the whopping screen size wasn't enough, you'll be happy to hear that because of the built-in media player you can leave your laptop at home and save all of your favourite movies to the 1GB of memory built into the Pocket Cinema. That's enough memory to store half of the original Star Wars Trilogy (as long as you don't mind missing out on the last 45 mins of The Empire Strikes Back), and it can be easily expanded by popping in an SD or MMC memory card, giving you up to 8GB extra to play with.
For those of you who are doomed to take the office with you wherever you travel, the Pocket Cinema V10 can easily be connected to your laptop using an S-Video adapter (not included) meaning you don't have to lose any of that vital luggage space humping a heavy projector onto the plane just to do a 15 minute PowerPoint presentation.
The possibilities really are endless with this little gizmo as it's compatible with so many devices, including video cameras, portable games consoles, DVD players and pretty much anything with an AV output.
It comes with a cable connector to hook it up to standard AV outputs, but you will need to buy one of Apples reasonably priced AV Composite Cables to make it compatible with your iPod.
The Pocket Cinema V10 is about the coolest and most exciting travel gadget to hit IWOOT ever! It's the cinema screen you can pop in your pocket.
* A projector that's small enough to fit in your pocket.
* It can project a screen of up to a massive 50 inches.
* Includes a tripod, remote control, USB cable and a handy travel pouch.
* Inbuilt stereo speakers.
* Sports a resolution of 640 x 480 VGA.
* Projection distance: 21-180cm.
* Aspect Ratio: 4:3.
* A scroll wheel on the side of the projector for controlling zoom and focus.
* A built-in media player with 1GB of onboard memory allows you to save movies, pictures and music onto the projector.
* The built-in card reader allows you to expand the memory up to 8GB using an SD or MMC card (not included).
* Media player is compatible with: JPEG, MPEG-4 and MP3.
* Arcsoft Media Converter software has been included to convert the following files for playback: .AVI, .ASF, .DAT, .MOV, .MP4, .M4V, .MPG, .MPEG, .MPE, .RM, .RMVB, .WMV
* The projector is compatible with any portable media player with a composite AV output (cable not included).
* iPods can be connected using one of Apples AV Composite Cables .
* Laptops can be connected providing they have an S-Video port (S-video cable & RCA dual male connector cable required).
* The projectors Luminous Flux has been measured at 10 Lumens.
* Software requires Windows 2000/XP/Vista.
* UK adapter included.
* On a full charge the battery will provide 45 mins of playback.
* Requires 1 x NP-120 Li-Lon rechargeable battery (included).
* Suitable for ages 16 years+.
* Projector: 12.5 x 5.5 x 2cm.
* Tripod: 15.5 x 3 x 2.5cm.
You can pick up one of these awesome portable cinema screens from the IWOOT store